Are you receiving state payments (from IHSS and/or WPCS) to be a care provider for someone that lives with you?

If so, you may be eligible to amend your returns and potentially get a refund back.

IRS Notice 2014-7 states “that wages received by IHSS and WPCS providers who live with the recipient of those services are not considered part of gross income for purposes of federal income tax.”

The Department of Social Services can supply you with a form SOC 2298 Live-In Self-Certification Form. It is recommended that you file this as soon as possible with them so that they can supply you with the proper W-2 and/or 1099-MISC information for the upcoming tax season.

Talk to your tax consultant as soon as possible to see if this applies to you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *